The Rock Garden Club - Prague (RGCP)
Maříkova 5, 162 00 Praha 6, Czech Republic
Invites rock gardeners and alpine plant lovers from abroad to join the Club. It has now around 700 local and 60 foreign members. Many of them are experienced growers of alpine plants, successful exhibitors and skilled seed collectors. Some of them are professionals from botanical gardens. Our Club activities concentrate on:
1. Publishing of the bulletin "Skalničky" (i.e. Alpine Plants) with four issues per year, each of 40 pages with drawings and colour photographs. Short English abstracts are included for foreign members.
2. Annual Seed Exchange. Our Index Seminum (seed list) offers about 1.800 items from local and foreign donors.
3. Three shows of alpine plants including plant sale in the traditional show church garden (Sv. Jan na skalce) on Karlovo náměstí - Moráň, Prague 1, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. - The Early Spring in March/April - one week, specialized on early plants displayed on tables, mainly Saxifrages, bulbs
- The Main Spring Show in May - lasting three weeks, exhibition of around 1.000 plants from about 80 exhibitors in permanent rock gardens.
- The Autumn Show in August/September, one or two weeks, for dwarf conifers, late alpines and other garden plants, etc.
4. We also organize short trips and visits to our best rock gardeners in the country as well as longer holiday expeditions to the mountains of Europe and Asia.
5. Study weekend in October, Annual meeting in February.
6. Monthly lectures
Membership dues are 35 EUR including the seed exchange.
Please, transfer the amount to our bank account:
Account number: 169508379/0800 at: Česká spořitelna, Prague 6
Payable to: Klub skalnickaru Praha. Marikova 5, 162 00 Praha 6
SWIFT: GIBACZPX, IBAN: CZ93 0800 0000 0001 6950 8379
From: The name plus a shortened address, (necessary to identify the sender). No credit cards, please.
Personal bank cheques, International Money Orders or Draft Notes are accepted and should be sent to the Club address, not to the bank. Cash is welcome, in a registered letter, but on your risk. Please, make your name and address readable. If you do not receive bulletins, let us know also time and way of your last payment. Skalnicky Vol. 1 is sent to all new and previous year members, Vol. 2 is sent only to members in good standing for the current year.
All inquieries should be directed to: Klub skalnickaru Praha, Maríkova 5, 162 00 Praha 6, Czech Rep.
Your seeds for exchange should be sent to: Mrs. Anna Benešová, Molákova 580/26, 186 00 Praha 8.
We shall be very pleased to welcome you in our Rock Garden Club.
Vojtěch Holubec, PhD.
President of the RGCP
Membership dues reminder:
35 EUR including the seed exchange. We had to increase the due because of raised charges by printers and post office. Money transfer to the bank address:
Česká spořitelna, Křenova 7, 162 00 Prague 2 Petřiny,
account number: 169508379/0800, swift: GIBACZPX.
Payable to: Klub skalničkářů Praha.
From: The name plus a shortened address, i.e. city and country (necessary to identify the sender).
Bank cheques, personal cheques, International Money Orders or Draft Notes are accepted and should be sent to the Club address. Cash is welcome, in a registered letter, but at your risk. Please, make your name and address readable. We always have unidentified cheques with missing address! If you do not receive bulletins, let us know also time and way of your last payment. Skalnicky no. 2 and later is sent only to members in good standing.